The Best Educational Blocks for Kids
Well, wouldn't it be just the best if you could make your toddlers learn something at an early age while they are playing with the best educational blocks or toys? Could it be that possible?
I will definitely say yes. As we can all understand, it is difficult to discover educational toys that toddlers will love playing with, and you may already know this but blocks are an excellent choice to go for.
I am saying this because educational blocks promote creativitywhile alsoimproving cognitive and motor abilitiesand increase your child’s brain activity. They also promote and support your child’s brain health as well as overall body health. They may be one of the first toddler toys, but they remain one of the most popular for a good reason.
“Playtime is precious. Play builds brain pathways for thinking, creativity, flexibility, empathy, and many other lifelong skills.”
Author & Speaker
What Exactly Are Educational Blocks?
Those toy blocks are specifically made to promote a child’s learning abilities through creativity. Toddlers may be creative and exercise their creativity in a variety of ways with blocks as they allow children to create objects in whichever way they desire. Therefore, building blocks are fantastic and adaptable toys and they should be added to every child's play box.
“Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity.”
Kay Redfield Jamison
Professor and Psychologist
What Defines Blocks as “The Best Educational Blocks”?
Since they can be designed in different varieties including letters, shapes, numbers, and colors to help your child learn through playing with them. They can also even choose their favorite colors and design them the way they want to. Also, approaching and gathering blocks may appear easy, but it is an important part of your toddlers' learning process to enhance perception and spatial awareness.
Why are educational blocks a good idea?
Because blocks, by their very nature, enable young children to engage in their imaginations.When imagining what type of building they wish to construct, their power of imagination clearly gets enhanced. As your child learns to construct, balance, and put blocks together, they will educate your toddler on spatial awareness, enhance their motor skills, and stimulate the development of their hand-eye coordination.
As they try to figure out how and why a structure stays up, kids will also learn how to solve problems and also explore the principles of cause and effect.
“Perhaps play would be more respected if we called it something like “self-motivated practice of life skills,” but that would remove the lightheartedness from it and thereby reduce its effectiveness. So we are stuck with the paradox. We must accept play’s triviality in order to realize its profundity.”
Dr. Peter Gray
How to choose the right educational blocks for you?
For various reasons, various blocks and building materials can be utilized. It is up to your child’s age and interests that can help you choose the right toys for your child. Make sure what kind of things interest your childincluding colors, shapes, patterns as they will probably help you to select the right set of blocks for your kid.
As a general rule, two-year-olds should have at least 200 blocks, three-year-olds should have at least 300, and children with the age of four years or older should have at least 400 so also keep in mind the right quantity as well while choosing a building block set.
Top 10 Educational Blocks
This is our list of top ten educational blocks for you to select from for your kid according to the best suitability.
This is our best and top suggestion for you to look into and select from. These big building blocks are designed to build child-sized castles, fortresses, towers, spacecraft, race cars, stores, tea rooms, buses, lions, cats, dogs, and even dragons to let your children's imaginations run wild. If they can envision it, GIGI BLOKS can make it a reality.
Your child will have the advantage of coloring them, painting them, writing on them with chalk, and then turning them inside out and starting over with a fresh experience. And since they are made from strong cardboard, they can play the role of blank canvas for creativity just like any other cardboard/paper-based product.
- They come in a variety of single, double, and triangular units.
- They give your kid access to creative design ideas.
- They include easy-to-follow instructions.
- These blocks are BIG, therefore they can pose some issues with storing for some people, but a great idea is to stack them up against a wall and they no longer pose as a nuisance.
This high-in quantitymagnetic building blocks set is the best option to go for if you believe that your child’s age is appropriate enough. They include 2D and 3D shape building blocks and would prove to be a good creative educational block set gift both for boys and girls.
These magnetic construction blocks can aid in the development of your child's creativity, imagination, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Each magnetic tile has two distinct random colorson each side, which can help children learn new colors and recognize shapes.
- They can help your kid to enhance creativity.
- Improving problem-solving skills.
- Enhancing creative thinking.
- Improving shape recognition ability.
- They are age-specific and are not best for kids under the age of three years at all.
There are 33 distinct colorsof LEGO bricks in this set, as well as eight different styles of windows and doors with eight different frames. Two various-sized green baseplates, three pairs of eyes, six tires, and six-wheel rims are among the special parts that encourage artistic building projects.
- All of the models shown may be created at the same time with this package, which comes in a handy plastic storage box.
- To get you started, there are ideas available with the set and online at LEGO.com/classic. (How cool is that?)
- Promises open-ended creativity for your kid.
- Also age-specific and are only good for kids of age four or up.
This Melissa and Doug Deluxe Wooden ABC/123 Blocks Set includes 50 one-inch wooden alphabetblocks and 123 other blocks with a variety of drawings, symbols, and numbers in a classic manner. It would be a good investment to give your kid an option of screen-free time of fun and education.
- It comes in multi-colors.
- Includes a variety of shapes and numbers.
- A good experience for early childhood play.
- Low in quantity.
- Not interesting for kids a little older than toddlers.
In this baby blocks set, each block features an embossed animal, shape, fruit, Arabic numbers, and geometrical patterns on the sides of the set of 12 baby blocks.
Touching and watching these imprinted patterns can help your children develop their sense of touch and vision. This fantastic set of blocks can also aid a baby's early childhood development.
- The material as they are made from food-grade silicone.
- They are easily chewable and soft and perfect for babies at the age of six months.
- Easy to grab by a baby hand and squeeze.
- For the price that these blocks sell for, there are only a handful of blocks that you get.
There are 75 pieces with different shapesin this toy set. This solid wood toy set is designed with STEM building concepts. This wooden block set provides many developmental benefits for your kids.
- The toy set is made of pure wood.
- Light in weight and have no pointy edge so, your child is safe while playing.
- Helps in Hand-eye coordination and shape recognition.
- Boost motor skills and enhance creative thinking.
- Also helps to enhance problem-solving ability.
- Best educational blocks for a birthday present
- There are only 75 pieces in this set, so there is more limit on the things that your child can make with these blocks.
This Bacivic children building blocks toy includes 100 pieces of different sizes and a variety of colors. They are one of the most interlocking blocks for children out there. These blocks are made so that you can interlock these blocks in any way that you want, due to their unique “hedgehog” design.
- No harmful or toxic material is used in these toys
- Reusable, flexible, easy plugin and plug out.
- Allows your child to make 3d structures.
- Enhances the developmental abilities of your child.
- Encourage Creativity and engage your child for a long time.
- It is age-specific, only good for kids of age under 3.
These high-quality magnetic building blocks tiles are also great educational blocks for kids. This toy set includes 125 pieces. It allows your child to make 3d objects while it enhances creativity. Each tile has a distinct color that has the capacity to quickly grab your child’s attention. This set is a great idea for a birthday present for a 5 year old.
- No toxic or harmful material are used in this toy set.
- Aids to develop Hand and eye coordination.
- Helps in color recognition.
- Enhance creative thinking.
- Refine motor skills.
- Best educational blocks for Christmas presents.
- While the materials used in this toy are not dangerous, the pieces can break if your child is being too rough with them, and then the child has access to the magnets inside, which are small and can be swallowed.
These high quantity building toys contain 167 pieces including 2 screwdrivers and 2 wrenches. With this toy set, your child can make different kinds of toy models. This toy set is designed with a STEM building concept. It is the right educational block toy that can help your child to grasp the concepts of machinery and engineering faster.
- It Improves your child’s creativity
- Enhances motor skills.
- Refine logical thinking and enhance problem-solving thinking.
- This toy set is made of rubber. No toxic or harmful material is used.
- Best educational blocks for a birthday present for a 7 year old.
- It’s not the best option for toddlers.
These are fantastic learning blocks. There are 100 pieces of distinct colors as well as different shapes of pieces in this toy set. It contains small cubic pieces that interlock with each other and are used for the unlimited creation of different models.
- This toy set is made of non-toxic material.
- Durable and easy to wash.
- Improve spatial skills and creativity.
- Improving Independent play .
- Great for sensory development.
- The pieces are quite small, so there is a choking hazard attached to these blocks.
Where to find the best educational blocks?
Well, in the modern world, you can have a lot of options for where to buy toys for your children. But the most popular options are:
The first and the best option is to go for an online store. This is because shopping from an online store will be extra beneficial for you as it would provide you with a lot of time to think before making any decision.
You can simply research the varieties of blocks and their benefits on the internet while sitting in a comfy chair at your home. There will be no hurry while shopping from online stores and you can have different online stores to look at and compare before you finally do make a decision.
This would be the best option for those who want to actually see and measure anything before purchasing. You can simply go to the market and look for the right toys for your kid while actually looking and feeling the toys closely before you buy them.
Sometimes in supermarkets
Well, if you do not have any more time to spare to wait for shipping or going to an actual toy store, then sometimes you can actually find educational blocks in a supermarket, though a big downside is that there is usually a very limited amount of types of educational blocks that can be found in supermarkets.
Now after discussing all the best options, you have all guidelines for choosing the top educational blocks.
We know that all toys have their benefits but if you like to ask us what would be our top pick, then we highly encourage you to buy GIGI Bloks. These are the biggest interlocking building blocks in the market and they are highly recommendedbecause of their different great benefits and reasonable price. They can help your child to convert their imagination into a reality. Besides, your child can use these blocks to paint on, write on and draw on, because they are made out of cardboard.
This toy set provides the best options to build real-size things like castles, fortresses, towers, spacecrafts, race cars, stores, tea rooms, buses, lions, cats, dogs, and even dragons.
So why wait? Choose the best blocks for your child and order the best educational blocks now and help your child grow faster physically and mentally!
“Child’s play is not a mere sport. It’s full of meaning & serious impact. Cherish it and encourage it.”
F.W. A. Froebel,
Pedagogue & Created the Concept of Kindergarten
And as always: